MMF Audition Information for the 2018 Season will be announced October 1st.
July 4th, 2017 – July 15th, 2017
The MMF Conducting Institute is a two-week intensive program for aspiring conductors who wish to gain experience in the symphonic and operatic fields. Participants work with leading faculty including David Effron, Yuriy Bekker and Michael Rossi. Conducting Institute participants receive daily conducting classes, orchestral readings and an orchestral concert. Accepted students have the option to participate as either participants or as auditors.
Highlights of the Conducting Institute Program
- Conducting sessions with resident and guest faculty with full orchestra, chamber orchestra and piano
- Opportunity to conduct orchestral readings with the MMF Symphony Orchestra, overseen by faculty
- Opportunity to serve as assistant conductors for select MMF Symphony concerts
- Participate in conducting classes with resident and guest faculty
- Receive access to all MMF rehearsals and classes
* Auditors do not receive orchestral podium time.
2017 Repertoire for Readings and Concerts
Beethoven Violin Concerto, 1st and 2nd movements
Piano Concertos TBA*
Mozart, "Dove sono," from Le nozze di Figaro starting from "E Susanna non vien!"
Rossini, The Barber of Seville Overture*
Mozart, Symphony No. 35 in D Major (Haffner Symphony)*
Beethoven, Symphony No. 7*
Debussy, Prélude à l'après-midi d'un faune
Stravinsky, Danses concertantes
* Denotes music to be performed in concert
$660 per person/double-occupancy
$960 per person/single-occupancy
(Miami residents who choose to reside at home do not pay housing fees)
Tuition and Fees
Registration Fee: $250
Application Fee: $35
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete our online application. You may choose to select either a live audition date or submit a recording link via YouTube in lieu of a live audition.
- Videos must face the conductor and should include at least two contrasting works and not exceed 15 minutes.
- Videos should include applicants conducting a full orchestra or chamber ensemble. Applicants may also submit videos with piano, but an ensemble of at least six musicians is preferred.
Received by April 1st, 2017
Partial work-study scholarships are available for conducting participants.