ASSISTANT TO THE EXECUTIVE/ARTISTIC DIRECTOR
Seasonal Position: Internships are offered for both sessions. Applicants are encouraged to intern for both sessions to gain the most out of their internship, but it is not required.
Session One: June 6 – July 1, 2018
Session Two: July 4 – July 29, 2018.
Office: Miami Music Festival @ Barry University, Miami Shores, FL
The Assistant to the Executive/Artistic Director is an intern position that works directly with the Founder and Artistic Director of the Festival. This is a demanding, but exceptionally educational experience, ideal for candidates looking for first-hand experience running a music organization. The Director’s Intern is expected to work closely and effectively with the Artistic & Operations Directors, Orchestra Manager, Music Librarian, Music Director, Conductors, Faculty, and the entire MMF staff to ensure clear communication regarding to coordinate all operational and logistical information for the duration of the festival.
The Assistant assists the Artistic Director in developing and implementing the artistic vision and focus of the organization, and may be privy to major decisions about the ongoing development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting the Artistic Director in the daily functions of the festival gaining experience in the areas of Community Engagement, Artistic Planning, Education, and Operations
- Act as main artist liaison between Director and Faculty/Staff
- Assisting with guest artist housing and transportation needs
- Assisting with guest artist and clinician itineraries and hospitality
- Attending all outreach events and concerts as assigned
- Communicating with sponsorship and other community organizations
- Create and maintain time sheets and schedules
- Communication with local hotels and resorts for reservation needs
- Creation of guest artist and clinician welcome packets
- Manage orchestra and staff comp ticket requests
Previous orchestra or opera experience is required, either as administrative or performance. Arts administration students are encouraged to apply. Must be able to handle organizational and communication aspects of the position in a positive, professional, and timely manner. Applicant must be able to handle confidential situations diplomatically and professionally with an even-tempered and fair approach. Must work well under pressure and is willing to take directions and requests from many people while being able to prioritize tasks. Above all, must have a positive attitude and be a team player.
UNPAID INTERNSHIP– MMF offers a $250 stipend per Session. College credit.
On-campus housing provided at a discounted rate.
Please Apply Here and attach cover letter and resume to your online application form. PDF format preferred.
Application Deadline: May 20th, 2018