Live audition slots still open in select cities. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to check availability and schedule a live audition.
Still accepting Video Applications.
MMF Piano Institute
June 5 – June 23, 2018
- Weekly private lessons and masterclasses with acclaimed faculty including Ching-Yun Hu, Marina Lomazov, Alexandre Moutouzkine, Alexander Romanovsky, and Peter Takács
- MMF Piano Concerto Competition in which three winners perform in concert with the MMF Symphony Orchestra
- Weekly recital opportunities
- Classes and forums in technique, artistry, musicianship and career management
- Assigned practice room and time available each day
- Vocal collaborative training for pianists interested in gaining additional experience
- Group outings including the Pérez Art Museum Miami, Steinway Coral Gables, South Beach, the Wynwood Art District, and more
The MMF Piano Institute is a rigorous and in-depth program for devoted and exceptionally talented young pianists, ranging from the pre-college to conservatory level. The goal of the program is to offer pianists a stimulating environment in which to study and explore various musical philosophies. With an open-class policy, students have the unique opportunity to observe, participate and learn from the insights of each faculty artist and student. Additionally, scheduled open forums examine structural analysis, the dynamics of performance, thematic scope, and career management. In the tradition of Schnabel, Rachmaninoff, Neuhaus and Liszt, the MMF Piano Institute encourages the philosophy that a diversity of ideas inspires and facilitates artistic freedom.
Under the guidance of acclaimed guest and resident faculty including Ching-Yun Hu, Marina Lomazov, Alexandre Moutouzkine, Alexander Romanovsky, and Peter Takács, participants receive weekly private lessons, intensive technical and artistic seminars, career forums and masterclasses.
The Miami Music Festival Piano Institute is sponsored by Steinway and Sons of Coral Gables who graciously loan MMF exceptional pianos for participant study and performance throughout the festival.
Pianists receive multiple performance opportunities throughout the MMF Piano Institute, including weekly public recitals at the Cor Jesu Chapel and the Steinway Gallery in Coral Gables, as well as masterclass appearances with resident and visiting faculty. In addition to their own performances, participants have the opportunity to hear faculty artists in recital weekly.
Participants may choose to compete in the MMF Piano Concerto Competition. Selected by a panel of faculty artists, up to three winners perform in a public concert with the MMF Symphony Orchestra. Winners also receive a professional video recording for their personal promotional use.
2018 Audition Dates
- Miami, Florida – February 13-14
- Boston, Massachusetts – February 15
- New York, New York – February 16-17
- Los Angeles, California – February 23
- Washington, DC – February 24
- San Francisco, California – February 24
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania – February 5
- Oberlin, Ohio – February 6
- Cleveland, Ohio – February 6
- Ann Arbor, Michigan – February 7
- Chicago, Illinois – February 8
- Bloomington, Indiana – February 9
- Houston, Texas – February 10
TUITION AND FEES, PER SESSION
Registration Fee $250.00
Application Fee $35.00
HOUSING FEES, Per Session
Per person/double-occupancy $650.00
Per person/single-occupancy $960.00
HOW TO APPLY
- Live auditions or videos should consist of two contrasting works of the applicant's choice, no longer than 15 minutes in total length.
- Video submissions should be recorded during the last year and not contain any audio edits.
- Separate video files for each work are allowed.
Partial scholarships are available based on merit from audition results. Early applications have a higher chance of receiving scholarship. Miami Music Festival also assists students in fundraising and creating campaigns to help defray program costs.
NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATION POLICY AS TO STUDENTS
The Miami Music Institute admits students of any race, color, creed, sex, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, family responsibility, national origin, ancestry, handicap, or religion to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the Institute. It does not discriminate in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship programs or any other Institute-administered programs.
Miami Music Festival is Sponsored by: