Vocal Collaborative Institute
MIAMI WAGNER INSTITUTE
July 5th – July 22nd, 2017
Miami Wagner Institute–November 15th
Apprentice/Studio Program–January 15th
Vocal Collaborative Piano Institute
A select group of pianists will have the opportunity to participate in the Vocal Collaborative Piano Institute on full-scholarship with housing. Headed by MMF Head of Music Staff Caren Levine (Metropolitan Opera, Tanglewood, Sarasota, FGO), pianists interested in gaining knowledge and experience in the operatic field as vocal coaches, accompanists, repetiteurs, assistant conductors and prompters will have the unique opportunity to study and work alongside leading professionals from the opera industry.
Pianists interested in being selected as a Collaborative Pianist for the Wagner Institute are encouraged to apply early for an audition during the Wagner Institute auditions (see Wagner application for more information.)
HIGHLIGHTS of the VOCAL COLLABORATIVE INSTITUTE:
- Gain experience as a repetiteur for mainstage opera productions, auditions and master classes under the guidance of festival conductors and head coaches
- Hands-on participation in seminars and master classes on following a conductor, score reading, prompting, accompanying, playing for auditions, and more
- Classes on practical career strategies including auditions, resume building, university teaching and networking
- Instruction in languages and diction
- Coaching opportunities with MMF Opera Institute singers
Up to five Vocal Collaborative pianists will be awarded Assistant Conductor fellowship positions in the MMF Opera Institute which includes a full-tuition scholarship and housing.
How to Apply
You may select either a Live Audition date or submit a YouTube recording link
Please see our online YAP Tracker Applications:
Applicants must be prepared to play and sing simultaneously from the repertoire listed below and may be asked to play live vocal auditions at sight. Students wishing to study in the collaborative program who are not awarded Assistant Conductor positions may still participate in the MMF Piano Institute as a Vocal Collaborative major (tuition and housing fees apply).
Collaborative pianists wishing to apply for Assistant Conductor positions for the Apprentice/Studio Program should prepare one of the following excerpts:
- Puccini, La Bohème: Act 1 – beginning to Benoît's entrance
- Mozart, Don Giovanni sextet
Collaborative pianists wishing to apply for Assistant Conductor positions within the Wagner Institute should prepare the following excerpts:
- “Mild und leise,” Tristan und Isolde
- “Dich, teure Halle,” Tannhäuser
- “Weiche, Wotan, weich,” Das Rheingold
- “Winterstürme,” Die Walküre
*Applicants may also be asked to play live auditions at sight during one of the live audition dates.
Pianists without experience in the opera field who wish to apply to the Vocal Collaborative program as part of the Piano Institute should prepare:
- One solo work of your choice
Tuition and Fees
Registration Fee: $0
Application Fee: $35
Non-Fellowship Position per session
$850 per person/double-occupancy
$1050 per person/single-occupancy
* Additional scholarships may be awarded for non-fellowship positions toward tuition.
NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATION POLICY AS TO STUDENTS
The Miami Music Institute admits students of any race, color, creed, sex, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, family responsibility, national origin, ancestry, handicap, or religion to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the Institute. It does not discriminate in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship programs or any other Institute-administered programs
Miami Music Festival is Sponsored by